The College continues to be aware of reports regarding Coronavirus in the locality. The College has sought, and is following, the guidance of the Public Health Agency (PHA). We will continue to monitor this situation and seek further guidance from the PHA as required. Parents/carers will be updated on any changes to this situation via Parentmail and Text Alert.
The College is following the updated guidance for educational settings below, as issued by the Minister of Education on 16 March:
· Good practice in terms of hand-washing, for at least 20 seconds, should be encouraged and supported before and after any activity, such as meal times, break times and sporting activities.
· Students should be kept at home if they are unwell with a new, continuous cough or a high temperature to avoid spreading infection to others. Otherwise they should attend as normal.
· If staff, young people or children become unwell on a school or educational site with a new, continuous cough or a high temperature they should be sent home.
· What to do if someone develops symptoms of COVID-19 in a school or other educational setting:
1. If anyone becomes unwell with a new, continuous cough or a high temperature in an educational setting they should be sent home and advised to follow the home isolation advice on the PHA website (please follow link below).
2. If a student is awaiting collection, they should be moved, if possible, to a room where they can be isolated behind a closed door. Ideally, a window should be opened for ventilation. If it is not possible to isolate them, move them to an area which is at least two metres away from other people.
3. If they need to go to the bathroom while waiting to be collected, they should use a separate bathroom if possible.
For further details, please check Public Health Agency Coronavirus update